So far, all you have done is paid a deposit.
Your money stays in your account until you hit accept.
Once you hit accept, the money is transferred to JA and the expert gets a share.
You are welcome to come back for follow ups on the same problem and the same subject without being charged an additional amount.
The only way you would be charged more is if you opened a new question on a different subject.
Or if you hit accept a 2nd time (not advised)
Or if you left a BONUS (experts beg for these) lol...
But I am here for follow ups..
There is no warranty on answers, so I can not PROMISE that we KNOW the problem..
Did the fuel pump have a lot of OIL in it?
If so, your oil level may be too high, or you may have a crankcase pressure problem.
That is any kind of leak where air (or gas) could get into the crankcase such as:
1. If the carburetor is not working correctly, it will bypass fuel through it into the oil. This thins the oil and will cause the oil to go places that it shouldn't. Check your oil ans smell it to see if there is gas in the oil. If there is gas in the oil, you will have to overhaul and clean the carburetor with a COMPLETE carburetor repair kit.
2. If the oil dipstick gaskets are not sealing correctly, it will allow the vacuum.. (Primary compression inside the crankcase) to be at the wrong levels, which will push oil out where yours is coming from.
3. If the valve guides in the engine are worn, it will pressurize the crankcase...pushing the oil out.
4. If the engine had worn out rings or a scored piston, the it will also pressurize the crankcase and push the oil out. The engine will have to be overhauled if this is the problem.
5. If for some reason the engine is running too fast, it will also cause this problem. This happens is someone has messed with the governor to get it to run faster. Also if the governor gear has broken inside the engine this will also cause the engine to run too fast.
6. If you have a blown head gasket, this will also cause the problem. In fact, this is one of the first things I would check.
If you don't feel comfortable with this kind of repair I would suggest sending it to a reputable shop.
Feel free to contact me here at this question anytime ...even after you hit the "ACCEPT" button ...and I will try to help further.