Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I stripped down my Honda GX160 5.5HP pump engine to clean it.

It's a standard engine with...
I stripped down my Honda GX160 5.5HP pump engine to clean it. It's a standard engine with a governed throttle. Now I can't work out how the linkage rod and spring setup is connected. The way I have it causes the engine to hunt and die. How should the linkages be connected? There seem to be several holes and arms - which is a bit confusing!
11/4/2011
James W
James W, Small Engine Troubleshooting Expert

James W :

Greetings, My name isXXXXX and I am here to help the best I can. My goal is 100% satisfaction. Let's get started.

James W :

does this help any??

James W :

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

James W :

well, not, that does not, but how abiout this

James W :

Here is part of a honda service manual that may help you..

James W :

do not pick the italian one

James, I had already seen the first websit you provided and it does not give sufficient detail to establish just exactly where the rods and spring go - a very unsatisfactory result, especially as I had asked for "detailed" information.

The second website you provided of the Honda Manual Extract is next to useless as it has no info at all on the throttle governor arrangement.

What I want is a clear description of exactly where the components fit - or a good photo or detailed diagram. If you can't provide this, please say so and we won't waste one another's time. Thanks...............John

I will look and see what I can find.

Not a lot of "shared info" on this honda engine.

I have one in storage 50Miles away, and if I was near it, I could take detailed photos for you...

I looked to see if anyone else had and have not.

I will check with the other experts here..

Also, I will opt out to see if any other experts have very detailed PHOTOS of the linkage for your engine. Whoever supplies them first,will earn your accept.

Thanks James, What happens next? I asume that I wait for any info that others may provide.

Or do I have to press the "Not Satisfied" button now that you have opted out?

If you push Not satisfied, then you terminate any chance that any other expert has to locate the diagrams you are hoping for...

Frankly, I would wait until either someone gives you the correct answer, or until you do not need the answer anymore.

I opted out to allow other experts a chance to answer.

Relist: Answer quality.
Surely someone amongst your experts knows how to connect the throttle/governor linkages on the Honda GX160 small petrol engine. I have had two "answers" so far. One provided a small diagram of the disassembled engine which did not provide sufficient detail. The other answer provided a link to the engine manual in several languages - and this document had no reference to the linkages!
Tim K
Tim K, Technician
Hello, welcome to Just Answers. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to help you with your question
I have a pressure washer with a gx200 in my shop.
The carburetor and governor setup should be the same, so i took some pictures for you to see what it should look like
graphicgraphicgraphic
Tim K
Tim K, Technician
Tim K
Tim K
Tim K, Technician