Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a Cub Cadet LT1024 with a 24HP Briggs and Stratton

Customer Question
I have a Cub Cadet...
I have a Cub Cadet LT1024 with a 24HP Briggs and Stratton Engine the engine is blown My question is will a 22HP V-Twin OHV Model #407777 Type #0151 work on it. If not what model and type do I need THANKS SO MUCH
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Small Engine
4/18/2011
Technician: J.R., Small Engine Technician replied 6 years ago
J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

The crankshaft part numbers are different. The best way for me to tell you the replacement engine you need is for you to give me the original model, type, and code numbers off of the original engine. Provide those numbers and I will let you know what engine you need.

Hello JR It is a Cub Cadet 24HP LT1024 Hydrostation Drive The Shaft size is 1in x 41/4in type 030217 44337 04577 code 01060Y0
Relist: Incomplete answer. Need to know what exchange motor will work Hello JR the Lawn Mower is a cub cadet LT1024 24HP shaft is 1in x41/4 in long Type 030217 44337 045577 code 01060Y0                                                                      Need to know what motors will replace it THANKS
Technician: James W, Small Engine Troubleshooting Expert replied 6 years ago
James W
James W, Small Engine Troubleshooting Expert

Greetings,

My name isXXXXX and I am here to help the best I can. My goal is 100% satisfaction. Let's get started.

I believe that the replacement engine for you unit is here

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/RepowerItems.asp?Brand=Cub Cadet&Model=1024

I I am wrong, please let me know or just call the phone number on that website and let them help you.

The numbers of the original engine that you provided do not jive with anything that I have on file.

If above link does not work CLICK here to See the Engine

OK, that did not work well. Here is a Short link to the engine

http://tiny.cc/3zejd

I see that you posted while I was at work and away from Just Answer. The numbers that you provided are still not all of the numbers. The number will look just like the numbers off of the replacement engine you have. Look on the side of one of the valve covers that are on your old engine. Get me those numbers and I will log into the Briggs dealers site and look it up. That will tell us the exact model number of engine that Briggs and Stratton recommends as a replacement. Get me all of the digits and I will provide you with the information requested.

It looks like the current replacement engine to fit your tractor is a 44Q777-0135. Provide me with those model numbers off of your old engine and I will verify that.
J.R. what I have is a Cub Cadet model LT 1024 50in cut 24HP Briggs & Stratton Engine Model 446777 Type 0302E1 Code 01060Y0. What I want to do is exchange with a Kohler Model SV725S-0013 24HP will this engine work and if so will everything hook up. THANKS SO MUCH IF not what is Briggs & Stretton motor that I will need THANKS
The engine you need is a 44Q777-0135. The kohler engine may work, but I would advise against it. The courage engines have a great deal of problems. The wiring will all be different as well.

As I stated before, You best replacement engine choice is this one and they have 17 in stock.

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=445777-0315

That is per this page.

http://tiny.cc/3zejd

James W
James W