Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

All of a sudden my i1046 zero turn tractor will not go forward

All of a sudden my i1046 zero turn tractor will not go forward or backwards when I step on the petal.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Ranwell1 replied 6 years ago.

There are only a few things that can cause this.

1. Lets start with an easy thing. If anyone has taken a wheel off in order to fix a tire, when they install the wheel again, many times the axle key slips out of the axle and now the wheel spins on the axle and will not let the unit drive.

2. There is a possibility that the pulley on top of the hydro may have sheared allowing the pulley to slip on the shaft.

3. The push-Pull valves (Pressure release valves) may not have completely engaged. Check these again and make sure that they are in the DRIVE position.

4. The hydro's may have cone bad and may need to be replaced.

That is just about all that can cause this other than bad belts or a loose idler spring.

Feel free to contact me here at this question anytime ...even after you hit the "ACCEPT" button ...and I will try to help further.

Please click "ACCEPT" or I won't get paid.

You may also consider sending a bonus if I have been helpful, Please leave POSITIVE feedback for me as this is how I'm rated. Remember, a neutral is nearly as bad as a negative. If not satisfied, contact me and I will make it right. Thanks