Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

we have a john deere (briggs & straton) 1130SE snowblower which

we have a john deere (briggs & straton) 1130SE snowblower which always seems to have problems with the gears fwd/rev slipping so I do more pushing/pulling than driving it; is there something that I can adjust?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 years ago.

Vince O. :

Hello,have you tried adjusting the traction cable? If that doesn't help clamp the fuel line and tilt forward and rest on the bucket.Remove the lower access panel to inspect the rubber drive disk and springs.Have someone squeeze the drive cable while you check movement of parts.

Vince O. :

Do you still have your operators manual? If not ,here is a link where you can download it.It has some info for adjusting or replacing belts. https://groundscare.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/972