Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

Homelite 26b has problem starting.

Customer Question

Homelite Mighty Lite 2-cycle gasoline blower 26b has run well for two or three years. Problems started more recently where it only starts for few seconds after all instructions to start are followed.

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 years ago.

Sounds like a carb problem.You have fresh fuel right? Remove air filter and make sure the carb mounting screws are tight and the fuel filter is still connected to the fuel line inside the tank.

Customer : Thanks..will do...any suggestion about carb cleaner product to flush thru gas line if the above does not work?

Vince O. : It is also possible the carb could use an adjustment. Look at the left side of the carb,there should be two screws and they might have a red and a white plastic cap on them,look at it and let me know.

Customer : Will do and get back; incidentally does Homelite or anyone publish any kind of repair manual for this small gas blower?

Vince O. : I'm looking for manuals now Do you have the operators manual and parts? What is the model number? UT-xxxxx

Customer : Can not find operator manual; have no parts

Vince O. : Can you find the UT number off the sticker?

Customer : UT-08520

Vince O. : I found a parts break down so far,here'a a link Ut08520. If there are two adjustment screws pry the cap off the one closest to the engine (low speed) and open it a hair. ut08520 owners manual