Chris
Chris, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  20 years of servicing small engines of all kinds
5111025

my snow blower will not move either forward or reverse. It

Customer Question

my snow blower will not move either forward or reverse. It was working ans suddenly stopped moving
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Chris replied 6 years ago.

Chris :

Only knowing that you own a craftsman means i can only basic info. Remove the belt cover and inspect the belts, more than likely you have a broken one. If you provide me with the model number i can give you part numbers etc. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-vecunb0s- :

i do not have it handy

JACUSTOMER-vecunb0s- :

can we resume this tomorrow then

Chris :

One belt controls the drive and one controls the augers. I'm sure you will find that the drive belt is either stretched out or off the pully. I will provide you with a link to the sears site for a replacement belt or you can use the belt part numbers to get one from a local napa or small engine parts house. I would highly reccomend replacing them in pairs. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action?pop=flush

Chris :

Please click on the accept button when we are finished. It is the only way i am compensated for my time. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-vecunb0s- :

how do i access the belts

Chris :

The opposite side of the engine as the pull rope is where the belt cover is located. take it off and you will see the belts.

JACUSTOMER-vecunb0s- :

ok will check and get back to you

Chris :

No problem, come back with any further questions you have.

Chris :

Any Luck?