Robert P
Robert P, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  40 years experience in 2 & 4 stroke eng. 6 1/2 years Tech 3 Georgian College Small Motors Division
28648688

I have a 36 husqvarna air injection chainsaw. Whenever I pull

I have a 36 husqvarna air injection chainsaw. Whenever I pull the trigger, the chainsaw turns off. If I pull and release quickly, the chainsaw stalls and returns back to normal idle.
How can I fix it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Robert P replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer

Hello , I need to understand what you mean , it starts up and idles , but when you squeeze the throttle it bogs out and dies ? Does the chain move at all , make sure brake is off .Good luck Robert P

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can't keep it running. The chainsaw will only idle for a while before turning off.
Sometimes when i squeeze the throttle it dies, other times the chain moves for about 2-3 seconds and then dies.
Expert:  Robert P replied 6 years ago.
It sounds like the carberator is dirty , I would remove it and clean the carb. and rebuild , also before you do that check inside the gas tank and make sure the gas lines are good , and the filter is on the end of the gas line . Good luck Robert P
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I checked inside the gas lines and the lines were good. I cleaned the filter and carburator, but the chainsaw still didn't work.

After a month, i decided to leave the carburator immersed in fuel for two days. I put it back in and now the chainsaw works.

Thanks for the suggestions.