Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

My deere 445 with 40 series bucket is having problems

My john deere 445 with...
My john deere 445 with 40 series bucket is having problems raising. The power stering is also having hard stering. What can I try to dix problem?
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/25/2010
Joan-Mod
Joan-Mod, JA Moderator
My name is ***** ***** I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.
Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here.
Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that.
Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

Best,
Joan
Moderator
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question.

I have just a couple of questions that will help me give you a more precise answer to your question.

1. Does the problem occur even when the tractor is first started and still cold or come on slowly after it has been running a while.
  2. What is the steering doing?
  3. Are the bucket and the mast lift on the loader both slow and weak or just slow?

If you have just a minute to help me with these questions I will do my best to steer you in the right direction.

Thanks,

Kevin

1. it occurs all the time

2. the steering is hard, resistive and rachity.

3 both are slugish and weak

All of the problems you describe have one main component in common, the hydraulic charge pump. The charge pump is responsible for several different transmission functions. Charge pump pressure provides steering and hydraulic lift pressure, as well as pto clutch engagement pressure and supply oil to the main hydro pump. The problem you describe is most commonly associated with a worn charge pump. Being that your problem seems to be very consistent I'm not convinced that the charge pump is the problem. I have a couple of areas that would be worth taking a look at.

First of all if you haven't changed your hydro filter recently then I would most certainly start there.

MP30/MP30454________UN08NOV02.gif

The charge pump has a relief valve (#18 in the diagram), remove the relief valve and make sure the spring is not broken and there are no pieces of metal stuck in it. The relief valve is actually the pressure control valve for the charge pump.

Remove the #13 lube reduction spool valve from the charge pump and check it for scoring and make sure it is clean. While I don't suspect the lube reduction valve of causing your problem it would still be a good idea to check it.

Based on your description I can tell you that your charge pressure is low. While this is most likely caused by a restricted filter or stuck relief valve. I'm hoping it is a simple issue.

Let me know what you find, with any luck we will get your problem resolved.

Thanks,

Kevin

could you include the index to the numbers for the drawing for the transmission?
AM878376PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE1MAIN
2CH10568PACKING2
3M806058PACKING1
424M7027WASHER1
5AM882549SOLENOID HYDRAULIC VALVE1(SUB FOR AM878378)
6CH11562O-RING2(A)
CH11562O-RING1(B)
7M806064BACK-UP RING2(A)
M806719BACK-UP RING1(B)
8CH10569PACKING3(A)
CartKEYPART NO.PART NAMEQTYSERIAL NO.REMARKS
M96859PACKING1(B)
9CH11559PACKING2
10AM882548SOLENOID HYDRAULIC VALVE1(USED W/O LOADER ATTACHMENT) (INCLUDES PARTS MARKED (A)) (SUB FOR AM878377)
AM121248PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE1(USED WITH LOADER ATTACHMENT) (INCLUDES PARTS MARKED (B)) (ALSO ORDER M146148)
11M806118SHAFT KEY1
12AM878565SEAL KIT1PACKING, (SUB FOR AM878400)
13AM878382VALVE1LUBE REDUCTION
14M806120PLUG1
15M806131PACKING1
16M806045BOLT1
17M806043BOLT1
18AM878383VALVE1CHARGE RELIEF
19M806119SEAL1
20M802905BUSHING1
21CH15002PLUG1
22M806130PIN1
23AM878563HOUSING1(SUB FOR AM878381)
24M806054PIN2
25M806053PLATE1
26LVU800256NEEDLE BEARING2(SUB FOR M806051)
27CH14634O-RING2
28M806049PLUG2
29AM878375HOUSING2
30M96860BACK-UP RING2
31M96859PACKING2
32AM881122TRANSMISSION CASE1(SUB FOR AM878374)
33M806052PLATE1
34M806502SPRING1
35CH11561PACKING1(B)
36CH14634O-RING1(B)
Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician