Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Does the Snapper zero radius model numer H Z S 15 42 2 K V…

Customer Question
Does the Snapper zero radius...
Does the Snapper zero radius model numer H Z S 15 42 2 K V E have problems with the engine cutting off because of poor flow of fuel from the gas tank to the engine.I have done everything but replace the fuel tank.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/30/2010
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Why do you think it is poor fuel flow? The fuel filter looks empty? Normal look, they never look full. Check the electric fuel shutoff valve in the carburetor, it is the most likely candidate. It has to stay open to keep the fuel flowing to the engine, if it heats up and drops out, it kills the engine. You can restart, but will only run short periods. Does this sound like what is going on? To check it, listen for it to audibly click each time you turn key off and on. Then when the unit dies, listen again. Let me know. Thanks.