Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a snapper model 7800190. It was working fine. Last…

Customer Question
I have a snapper model(NNN)...
I have a snapper model(NNN) NNN-NNNN It was working fine. Last week I filled it with gas and I can't get the motor to even turn over. Any ideas on what I can do to get it to start?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/29/2010
Technician: RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN replied 8 years ago
RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN

HELLO

remove the spark plug and if gas pours out there is what to do.

YOU ALMOST CERTAINLY HAVE A CARBURETOR PROBLEM due to the float and needle sticking

THANKS

REMOVE THE CARBURETOR

DISASSEMBLE THE CARBURETOR

SOAK BODY AND PARTS OVERNIGHT IN NAPA COMMERCIAL CARB CLEANER

REASSEMBLE WITH A CARB KIT AND FLOAT FROM LOCAL DEALER

clean fuel filter

REINSTALL CARB

DRAIN FUEL TANK AND LOOK IN THE FUEL SUPPLY CAN FOR WATER

.

NOTE: SOMETIMES A CARBURETOR CANNOT BE SAVED AND HAS TO BE REPLACED

ALWAYS DIAGRAM THE LINKAGE AND PARTS SO IT GETS REASSEMBLED PROPERLY

ALWAYS USE STABIL IN THE FUEL

ALWAYS RUN ENGINE EVERY THREE WEEKS IN OFF SEASON TO CIRCULATE FUEL

I don't know if the float needle is sticking
If the cylinder is filled with fuel as I suspect, the needle IS sticking. You need to remove the spark plug to see if fuel runs out
There was no gas leaking out. It is still under warranty I found out so I took it to Sears.
I bought it there
I did not state leaking....however i did give you the cure if you needed or wanted to use it