Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Simplicity broadmoor series 16 hydro and it makes…

Customer Question
I have a Simplicity broadmoor...
I have a Simplicity broadmoor series 16 hydro and it makes a clicking sound when I try to start it. It has been starting to stall out on me lately, so I changed the gas filter thinking it was that. After stalling repeatedly it would usually start up and run fine until recently, it now only makes clicking sounds and won't turn over. I have checked the battery and it is fine. the connection to the starter seems to get really hot when I try to start it. Could it be the starter? and how to I remove it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/29/2010
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
The starter could be the the problem, but take a look at unit and see if the starter is hung in the flywheel. If you will manually turn the engine backward, it should free up. You might have to take the top cover off so you can get to the flywheel, but if you have to take the starter off, you have to do that anyway. To be of more help on removing the starter, I need the numbers off the engine so I will know which way to go. Thanks.