Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

We have an electric golf cart and all of the sudden you can…

We have an electric golf...
We have an electric golf cart and all of the sudden you can be driving and it just stops. When you take you foot off the accelerator and then put it back on it will go again, but then randomly will stop again.
6/28/2010
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Check the accelerator switch on the foot control. You didn't include the year model, but I will include a web address for you to look at the different wiring schematics. The switch is probably a potentiometer and has a dead spot in it. You probably need a new one. Let me know. Thanks. http://mrcarts.com/cat-clubcar-technical-info-manuals.cfm
The seriel number is XXXXX - we think it's a 2005, but not sure. My husband is checking what you said now. thanks
Ok. the wiring schematic is there for the 2005 model. Thanks.
One last question, is the website you sent me the best place to purchase the part you suggested and is the part I order just the "switch for the accelerator"? Or does it have a specific name that I need to know. Thanks for all your help on this.
After looking at the diagram, it appears to be a potentiometer, and they call it the motor controller input. I couldn't even find it on the site I gave you. It shows in the diagram but not in there parts lists. I found it in another web page. You could shop around, and find better deal, and you want to be sure about the year model and if this is what you have. Let me know. thanks. http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-1938-club-car-precedent-electric-2004-mcor-motor-controller-input.aspx
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
thank you!
Thank you!!