Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Hi. I have a Troy Bilt 6.75 190cc Lawn Mower, which has only…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a Troy...
Hi. I have a Troy Bilt 6.75 190cc Lawn Mower, which has only been used 3 times. I can't get it to start. It has spark and won't even start if I spray starting fluid directly into the carberator. It doesn't even sound like there is any compression. What do you think could be wrong?? I took the top part of the motor cover off and could not find anything loose or not connected properly. The gas is fresh and has fresh 10-30 oil in it.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/28/2010
Technician: Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician replied 8 years ago
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician

There could be many different things wrong.

1. You may have lost the spar and the electronic ignition may need to be replaced.

2. You may have a blown engine..especially if there was not enough oil in it. That may be why you do not have enough compression.

3. You may have a bad spark plug that needs to be replaced.

4. You may have a broken valve or valve keeper.

5. The flywheel key may have sheared, throwing the ignition timing off. This usually happens if the mower blade has hit something solid or if the blade was loose.

Let me know if you need more information

Please click "ACCEPT" or I won't get paid.

You may also consider sending a bonus if I have been helpful, Please leave POSITIVE feedback for me as this is how I'm rated. Remember, a neutral is nearly as bad as a negative. If not satisfied, contact me and I will make it right. Thanks