Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Hi, I have a early 60s walk behind garden trac tactor. It…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a early...
Hi, I have a early "60s" walk behind garden trac tactor. It is almost all original and still runs like new. Is there any way that I can find out what it is worth in todays market?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/28/2010
Technician: Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician replied 8 years ago
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician

This is a very difficult question to answer.

These units do not really increase in value as far as antique value. The are worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay.

In most cases these are more valuable to the original owner than they are to sell to someone else. They are usually passed down to a relative. Values on these can range from about $100 to over $400 depending on what extra attachments you have with it and if it is in good condition as far as the ORIGINAL PAINT.

DO NOT PAINT THIS UNIT !!! You will devalue it considerably. Any collector wants it with the original paint, or at least they want to do the restoration themselves.

I hope this helps.

Please click "ACCEPT" or I won't get paid.

You may also consider sending a bonus if I have been helpful, Please leave POSITIVE feedback for me as this is how I'm rated. Remember, a neutral is nearly as bad as a negative. If not satisfied, contact me and I will make it right. Thanks