Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

i have a 93 yamaha golfcart,i charged the batt , checked cspark…

Customer Question
i have a 93 yamaha...
i have a 93 yamaha golfcart,i charged the batt , checked cspark plug and getting fire when you step on thew gas chugs.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/27/2010
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
So it won't start, just spins over. Will it start for few seconds if you put gas in the spark plug hole? Is this the two cycle engine or the later 4cycle engine.
I I HAVE CHECKED THE FUEL PUMP AND ITS OK ,SPARK PLUG IS OK AND BATT IS OK WHEN YOU STEP ON THE GAS IT JUST ACTS LIKE ITGETTING STARTED BUT IT DOES NOT.
I I HAVE CHECKED THE FUEL PUMP AND ITS OK ,SPARK PLUG IS OK AND BATT IS OK WHEN YOU STEP ON THE GAS IT JUST ACTS LIKE ITGETTING STARTED BUT IT DOES NOT.ITS A 4 STROKE
Did you try putting gas in the spark plug hole to see if it would start for few seconds? If it does start by putting fuel in the spark plug hole, the carburetor needs to be cleaned.
THAT DID NOT WORK WHEN YOU PUSH DOWN ON THE GAS IT IS RUNNING BUT IT NEVER GO FASTER.
ITS RUNNING BUT IT NEVER PICKS UP WHEN YOU GIVE IT GAS.
It is not starting, all you have is just the starter turning the engine. If you have spark , it has to be a timing or a gas problem. It should not be out of time, so I would examine the carburetor.