Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Im trying to change my Troy Bilt Pony TB465SS trimmer which…

Customer Question
I'm trying to change my...
I'm trying to change my Troy Bilt Pony TB465SS trimmer which has a fixed line head to a bump feeding type head.

Two questions:
1. What is the correct part for the new head? I have a Shakespeare - Easy Wind Bump and Go but can't figure out how to install.

2. How do I lock the shaft rotation?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/27/2010
Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 8 years ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Hello,the shaft sticking out of the gearbox is part of it and doesn't come off,and in order to install some tap n go heads the top of the shaft(arbor)needs to be a hex head to fit inside the outer spool assy and by holding that locks the shaft so you can screw the bump knob on and off.