Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I own an Onan 5500 Marquis Gold. It starts but runs real rough....like…

Customer Question
I own an Onan 5500...
I own an Onan 5500 Marquis Gold. It starts but runs real rough....like a choke is sticking, then dies. I've pulled the carb and cleaned it entirely. Didn't see any plugs or gump. I've added Seafoam to the gas in case it was old. Better, but no banana. Can anyone give me some ideas short of replacement?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/27/2010
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 8 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

The first thing you need to do is to check and make sure both cylinders are firing.

Check the condition of the plugs and replace them if necessary.

Let me know if both cylinders are firing.

Also, what is the full model number of the genset?