Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am changing the drive belt on my riding mower and I cant…

Customer Question
I am changing the drive...
I am changing the drive belt on my riding mower and I can't get the drive pulley off. I tried using a pulley puller and it bent the pulley. The pulley is now ruined so I ordered a new one. How can I get the old pulley off ? My mower is a 1000 series Model LT1024 with a 50 inch deck.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/26/2010
Technician: J.R., Small Engine Technician replied 8 years ago
J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
If the pulley is already bent then you can continue to just pull it off. If it is to the point that the puller slides off then you can do a couple of things. I have tack welded the puller to the pulley and then pulled them. I have also used a die grinder or a sawzall and cut them off.