Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

i have a crafstman lawnmowwer XXXXXXXXX 0309986002047 when…

Customer Question
i have a crafstman lawnmowwer...
i have a crafstman lawnmowwer XXXXXXXXX 0309986002047 when i turn the blade on the engine dies and the blade does not start i tried jumping the seat switch and still does the same thing. A little help , PLEASE!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/26/2010
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
-Could you explain your situation a little more? Is the engine bogging down or is it just like you turned off the key?
its like you turned the key off. its like when the blade is on and you get off the mower shuts off, for saftey reasons. but im still sitting on it >
-Could you explain your situation a little more? Your model number was xxed out by site computer. Can you put it in again with xxx-xxxxxx.
I have a sears crafstman 917 273 020 / 0309986002047 when I start the mower it runs fine ,then I pull the switch to start the blades the mower stops running as if i were not sitting on the seat . I tried to by pass the seat switch by jumping it out and still does the same thing the blades will not turn on and mower stops running
Put the seat switch back in its place and check the relay #81 in the parts picture. It should be under the dash area, but it is never clear where they mount it. Tap around on it and see if it will let the blades work. It will stick and cause the system to think there is a safety switch open. Let me know. Thanks.