Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a wood splitter with a 11.5 b7s engine that kicks back…

I have a wood splitter...
I have a wood splitter with a 11.5 b7s engine that kicks back when trying to start it . Breaks the start assembly a3n even my finger, Took it to an authorized dealer and had it timed but still back-fired , ripping the the cord out of my hand. Whats wrong ? Rick
6/26/2010
J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
He may have checked the timing. But there is no way to reset the timing unless he charged you for a flywheel key that was sheared. The problems sounds more like you have valves that need to be adjusted.
Amboy Saw and Serv ice set the timing mark and adjusted the valves . Brought it home and the fiirst crank it kicked back .

If you are confident that the valves are set correctly then the pump for the splitter may be the problem.

J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician

Thank you. I'm betting the fly wheel key is the problem , Told them I was bringing it back this A.M. I'm sure the key isn't sheared but maybe loose or wor n. Runs fine

once I get it running. This has been a problem since I bought it new and it doesn't have that many hours on it.

once I get it running. This has been a problem since I bought it new and it doesn't have that many hours on it. P.S.--I'll give you feed back if I get it fixed . Thanks for the help. Rick

Thank you.