Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

how do you set the timing

Customer Question
i cleand the engine with...
how do you set the timing i cleand the engine with a paint brush. reset the spark plug gap. cleand the cutting blade. since that, the engine will not run properly .I just think I think I have upset the timing.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/25/2010
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Timing can't be changed , so that is not the problem, be sure the kill wire on the throttle linkage is clean and not grounded, install a new spark plug. Did you turn mower over? If so the carburetor float could be out of position, remove the float bowl and reset the float. Let me know. Thanks.
There does not appear to be a carb I have removed air filter and there is no bowl or float to be seen.The fuel unit is attached to the top of the fuel tank.
There does not appear to be a carb I have removed air filter and there is no bowl or float to be seen.The fuel unit is attached to the top of the fuel tank. (new spark plug and cleaned kill wire!!!!! still no joy.
This has the carburetor mounted on top and end the fuel tank. You didn't get any of the fluid in the fuel tank, where it might have contaminated the gas? Check for debris in the fuel tank.

I have stripped (the carb) the top of it is screwed to the top of the fuel tank. there is no float that I can see if there is one it must be inside the fuel tank.

I have built it up now,( I will try starting it tomorrow) there was no fluids used in the cleaning, Just a dry paint brush,

Ok, I will be here tomorrow, let me know how it turns out.