Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Hello, I have a ryobi 875r four stroke gas trimmer. I removed…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a ryobi 875r...

I have a ryobi 875r four stroke gas trimmer. I removed the oil seal as it was worn and leaking and accidently gouged the bearing. I believe I need to remove the crankshaft in order to replace bearing. I removed crankcase pan exposing cam and crankshaft but not sure how to remove shaft without damaging cam or shaft. I own a hydraulic press to press bearing out or pull maybe..not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 2 days by:
6/27/2010
Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 8 years ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Hello,how bad is the damage to the bearing?Does it make noise or feel like it is rough or binding when you turn the shaft? It seems like you might be doing a lot of work that may not be needed.