Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

cable of my lawn mower is stuck

Customer Question
cable of my lawn mower is stuck
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Technician: J.R., Small Engine Technician replied 8 years ago
J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Is the cable stuck and will not pull back or is it pulled back and is stuck?
It is pull back and stuck, which is bizarre since it is new and worked well a few times. I wanted to open up and check but it is fastened at construction
If it is stuck pulled back then it may be the flywheel brake sticking. The entire top of the engine has to be taken off to get to it.
That was not that. It was simply that Thére was too much grass stuck under the mower!
The cable for the engine safety that you pull should not go under the deck nor should it have anything to do with the cable. I would be interested to see a picture of where the excessive grass build up caused the cable to stick for future reference.