Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a quadsport lt230s. When i start it up, it wont idle.

Customer Question
I have a quadsport lt230s...
I have a quadsport lt230s. When i start it up, it won't idle. It sounds like the throttle is open over half way and when I ride it, if I take my hand off the throttle it continues to run just like I hadn't removed my hand. How do I fix this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Technician: roger, Small Engine Technician replied 8 years ago
roger
roger, Small Engine Technician

Either the slide is stuck or the cable into the top of carb is not sitting all the way in.Check the cable first if it is sitting in the holder all the way then unscrew slide cap and remove.It may have a small amount of varnish keeping it from going to idle.The slide and needle only goes in one way.Sometimes you have to rotate to insure it seats all the way in.Roger

Also could have leaking manifold.