Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I own an Ezgo MPT 1000, manufactured in about 2004. I am replacing…

Customer Question
I own an Ezgo MPT...
I own an Ezgo MPT 1000, manufactured in about 2004. I am replacing all batteries and need to understand how they are wired. The owner's manual gives a diagram that shows the batteries chained together from + to - with the exception of group of 3 wires for the + terminal (the BL+ connection) on the top right battery (facing front of cart) and 3 wires for the - terminal (the BL- connection) on the far right battery on the second row.
My question: The service manual does not show the additional wires (2 of them) that connect to the right hand battery on the last row of two batteries. Where do they connect? Is the battery terminal they connect to also chained + to - like shown on the service manual? Is there a wiring diagram available that shows how these 2 wires on the back row of 2 batteries are connected?
Thanks very much.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2010
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
What you have is some added accessory, maybe turn signals or other lights that were added. They require 12 volts only, which means that you need to cover two batteries. Positive on the first to the negative on the second battery to give you twelve volts. I looked at the mpt manual and it does not show any other wires. But it is common to add lights, horn, radio, or other accessory that requires 12 volts and use two batteries to get the power needed. I hope this helps. Thanks. http://mrcarts.com/cat_ezgo_technical_info.cfm