Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do I replace the belt on my riding mower

Customer Question
?...
How do I replace the belt on my riding mower ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/24/2010
Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 8 years ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician

Hello, I would need your model number and which belt you are going to replace so I can help you.

The model number is XXXXX and it is the belt on the mowing deck that makes the blades turn. Thanks.

Nathan R.

For some reason your model number was "x" out

Model number in text is nine one seven two seven two two two zero. Deck is 42 inches.

Nathan R.

The model number in text is nine one seven two seven two two two zero. The deck is 42 inches.

Nathan R.

It looks like the deck has to come off to get the belt into the spools. How do I remove the deck?

Nathan R.

Lower the deck all the way,you will see the hangers.There are 2 points in the front and 2 in rear

lift assy

Okay. I won't get to it until I get the new belt in the mail which will be next week.