Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an older troy bilt mower model #836 (2006). Is there…

Customer Question
I have an older troy...
I have an older troy bilt mower model #836 (2006). Is there a drawing available to show how to connect the clutch cable to the transmission????
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 day by:
6/20/2010
Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 8 years ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Hello,is there a model id on the rear of the mower?(12axxxxxxxx)
the model id has been scatched off and we have the older transmission. when i took the unit apart the spring fell out of the cowling and the clutch cable cable was hooked to the mower body through the back end. the cable that is on this mower has the barrel type ends(top and bottom)