Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

i have 2006 ezgo elet cart.i put 6in jakes lift kit on. when…

Customer Question
i have 2006 ezgo elet...
i have 2006 ezgo elet cart.i put 6in jakes lift kit on. when i finished,cart would not move.
i know it does nol sound right.i charged battery,checked 60amp fuse.all seem ok.when i

push pedel down it gives a little surge.
Art
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/17/2010
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Check your brake cables, brakes could be locked up. When you raise the cart it pulls the brake cables and tightens the brakes. You may be able to reroute the cables or you might need longer cables. Let me know. Thanks.
allready rerouted cables,cart rolls veryfree when pushed.
Have you a voltmeter to check the various points of the system?
no i have not.
There are no easy answers to your problem. The system has the ignition switch that turns on the foot pedal, there is a micro switch at the foot pedal that turns on the solenoid and the solenoid turns on the controller. All ground cables have to be correct. A voltmeter lets you check the batteries and cables for proper voltage and whether the switches and solenoids are working. I will include a web address that has basic trouble shooting and a complete service manual that can be looked at or down loaded. Thanks. http://mrcarts.com/cat_ezgo_technical_info.cfm