Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Engine will not start - no spark....

Customer Question
Engine will not start - no spark....
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/17/2010
Technician: roger, Small Engine Technician replied 8 years ago
roger
roger, Small Engine Technician

Most of these engines have a low oil shut down which grounds the fire to the coil.

check to make sure the oil level is full.There should be one wire coming out of the center of the block on the front side.Disconnect the wire and check for start.If it starts

run for five minutes and hook wire back up and see if it dies.If you havent changed oil in awhile the internal float will stick making it ground constant.Roger

This did not work either....A friend of mine has the same unit and he told me hid "SENDING UNIT" was defective....Where is the sending unit
on this machine?????please advise...

He may be referring to the float mechanism in the block.But if you disconnect the wire it bypasses it.You may need to remove blower housing ,remove wire from coil and see if it has any fire then.If it doesnt the coil is bad.

I did not approve a deposit...You site calls for full satisfaction or no money is due....What is the deposit about that you say was already deducted???? My engine still will not start...so I will try to get a
local mechanic to start this engine....This is a new unit with very littel hours of running time. we have tried what the experts have suggested with (0) results....As far as I know, I do not owe you any
money...Please Advise....Sal Caserta
You need to contact customer service.