Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

i have an old moterhome 1973 and it has a cck/4.0 genset the…

Customer Question
i have an old moterhome...
i have an old moterhome 1973 and it has a cck/4.0 genset the unit was operating ok for about 2 hours. it acted like it ran out of gas and just quit.while checking it out i found that the starter switch did nothing. like it was bad but when i tested it it checked good.i then replaced the relay but i still have no power to the starter. also while replacing the relay i broke the wire to the capacitor that goes to thr b+ terminal i am currently looking for another one but i dont think this will solve the no power problem. if i jump the relay and apply power directly to the starter the starter operates.any ideas what i need to look at next
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/15/2010
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 8 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

What is the full model number of the genset?

hi hank here is all the info from the data plate.model and spec are.4.0 CCK-1R 111911 the ser# XXXXX 120vac 1ph. 4kva 4000watts pf1 amps33.3 60hz rpm1800 12volt battery what i really need is a wireing diagram for the starting circutry. the engine and the generator are both made by onan they are in a 1973 dodge champenion motor home and as far as i know the gen set came factory installed. the problem i am haveing is i have an open in the circut somewhere,hope you can help me. carey
is there anything else you need

I do have the schematic.

Please do the tests starting on page 4-10 and let me know what you find.

Click here for the schematic and test.