J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.
13636126

Need instructions to replace head gasket for a briggs and stratton

Need instructions to replace head gasket for a briggs and stratton 2 cyl. 25 hp engine. Can you help
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more? Need the numbers off the engine. Model / serial/ type.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>The engine has 160 hrs on it. I use it both for lawn mowing and for leaf suck up as I invented a large leaf bag that breathes and drags behind it to take up leaves. In summer I use it once a week, in fall maybe 2 times for the leaves. I use 10w30 oil in it and take care of the storage issues in the winter. Two uses ago I noticed that it was blowing smoke when going down hill and realised that it was leaking onto the muffler. I looked more carefully after cleaning the oil residue of the engine and I can see the oil running down the side of the block in front of the oil filter mount. I replaced the oil filter yesterday thinking that it might be clogged. Top #NNN-NN-NNNN</p><p>Bottom # XXXXX  It seems pretty clear that I have a head gasket problem. Can someone give me instructions for the steps to replace it for this engine.</p>
Expert:  J.R. replied 7 years ago.

See attached link. Click on free user.

http://rapidshare.com/files/388011858/ohv_twin_heads.pdf

J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience: Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.