Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

cub cadet 2135. Kohler 12.5 OHV. runs geat for about 15 to

cub cadet 2135. Kohler 12.5 OHV. runs geat for about 15 to 20 minutes and cuts out. It won't start unless I let it cool down...What's up with that? Fuel line, spark, and air OK.

Is it an older unit, ? If so , I would suggest try adjusting the valves. Set on .006 on intake and .010 on exhaust. From what you say, everything else is there. Let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, 14 yrs. old, but I am much older and retired. Time estimate for this? easy accessable? I've done maintenance but not much tear-down on vehicles. Is it worth the time on such an old motor, I am not an enthusiast but I am a tightwad and don't mind spending a little time on this.
Whats wrong with being retired, i'm there myself. It should be an easy fix. This is the overhead valve engine, meaning you have a rocker cover. Just remove rocker cover, locate valves, turn engine till one opens(moves down) and set the other, then repeat for the other. The setting is .006 -.008 on intake and .010 -.012 on the exhaust. I didn't look, but this is just a one cylinder engine isn't it?? If not you will have to do the other side too. We just call it thrifty. Thanks.