How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris Huber Your Own Question
Chris Huber
Chris Huber, Small Engine Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 625
Experience:  20 years experience. Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician. Dealer for most engine lines.
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Chris Huber is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a belt for my old Aircap Snow Champ snow blower model

Resolved Question:

I need a belt for my old Aircap Snow Champ snow blower model #8440 and the owners manual says it is part no. 11584. The engine is a Tecumseh. I cannot seem to find a replacement belt. The old belt disintegrated and disappeared into a snowbank a few days ago otherwise I could just take it in and find something that matches. Any ideas on where I could find a belt or a cross reference number for like Gates or some other belt company ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Chris Huber replied 7 years ago.
The only listing I have for Air cap is the 8441 model uses a 3/8X34 for the auger.
That would be a 3L340 at the auto parts or hardware store. I checked all the aftermarkets for the cross refference to no avail. Wrap a section of extension cord into the pullies and mark the length with a pen. Take it out, then measure it with a tape.
If the pully is 3/8 wide where the belt rides it will be a 3L, then the length followed by a 0
e.g. 3L340 is 3/8X34" If the pulley is 1/2" wide where the belt rides, it will be a 4L, then again the legth follwed by a 0. e.g. 4L440 is 1/2"X 44" I hope this helps!
Chris Huber and other Small Engine Specialists are ready to help you