How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hank F. Your Own Question
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 14892
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Hank F. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently got a Coleman Powermate Pulse 1750 portable generator

Customer Question

I recently got a Coleman Powermate Pulse 1750 portable generator and I need to either replace the carburetor or get a rebuild kit for it. The previous owner left gas in it when it was stored and it is all varnished up. Which would be the best solution and where can I order the parts?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 7 years ago.


Sorry to hear about your troubles.

The simplest solution is to just replace the carburetor. That way you know the problem will be taken care of.

The carburetors can be cleaned, and it is not too difficult to do so. The caveat is that if there is a gross buildup in hte internal passages, cleaning may not be sufficient.


The parts can be obtained from most any small engine shop. You will need the brand and model number of the engine, and the model number of the generator would be a good idea. It should be found on a tag attached to the base of the set somewhere and should look something like PM0525300.


If you are not near a small engine shop, you can call Pramac (the maker of PowerMate) directly at:

For Powermate Parts, please contact:

Toll-free number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN


If you have the engine make and model, there are several polaces online that you can order from:


as well as many others.