TaxTom
TaxTom, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Operated Lawn Mower business for 20 years. Can find manuals and parts for many brands.
21049508

I have a Poulan electric chain saw model PLN1510 and the chain

Customer Question

I have a Poulan electric chain saw model PLN1510 and the chain fell off. I tried taking off the tension however cannot get the chain back on. How do i do it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  TaxTom replied 8 years ago.
Loosen the nut or nuts that hold the bar on, do not remove nuts. Turn adjusting screw to left and bar should slide back. This should give you enough room to put chain back on. If not, take the nuts off, remove bar plate. Slide bar back and replace chain, if chain does not fit in bar and move smoothly than you have a burr on the bottom of chain. If chain is badly burred it will need replaced. After chain is in place slide bar forward until it lines up with adjusting pin, you may have to adjust pin back for it to align. Install bar plate and hand tighten nuts. Adjuat bar pin until chain is tight, when proper tension is reached you should be able to pull chain up and see 1/2 of drive teeth on three or four drives. Hold bar up and tighten nuts. Thank You Tom Please click accept.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks much! I had to take the face plate off and using your info, re-strung the chain on the bar and re-tenisoned. Worked great!

Thank you so very much for such a quick response!!!!
Expert:  TaxTom replied 8 years ago.
Your Welcome Tom