J.R.
J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.
13636126

I HAVE A JOHN DEERE 112 ELECTRIC LIFT TRACTOR AND I CANT GET

Customer Question

I HAVE A JOHN DEERE 112 ELECTRIC LIFT TRACTOR AND I CANT GET THE MAIN DRIVE BELT FROM MOTOR TO THE DECK ON AND THE TENTIONER IS ALL THE WAY LOOSE WHEN THE BELTS ON I CANT PUT THE DECK BACK ON.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 8 years ago.

See attached picture. Make sure you have the belt routed correctly.

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I HAVE IT AROUND THE PULLIES THE SAME WAY AS THE DIAGRAM
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I HAVE THE TENSIONER LOOSE ALL THE WAY AND IF I PUT THE BELT ON FIRST THE DECK DONT LINE UP AND IF I PUT THE DECK ON FIRST I CANT GET THE BELT ON

Expert:  J.R. replied 8 years ago.
Get the deck completely hooked up with all of the brackets connected. Put the belt on all of the pulleys except the drive pulley on the deck. Try to get the belt started on the deck pulley and then spin the pulley to get it on the rest of the way and then tighten the adjuster. If the belt does not come close to going on you may want to check the belt. You may have gotten the wrong belt. I have even seen them stamped with the wrong part number before.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THE BELT STILL DOESNT GO ITS TO TIGHT IT GOES PRETTY CLOSE BUT DOUSNT TURN THE BELT ALL THE WAY AROUND THE BELT SAYS # XXXXX XXXXX AND IT ALSO SAYS 4208 MAYBE U CAN TELL ME IF ITS THE RIGHT ONE
Expert:  J.R. replied 8 years ago.

See attached links. The belt number you have does not appear to be the correct belt. You will need to see what serial number your tractor is to get the correct belt. It will be one of these 2 depending on the serial number of your tractor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/John-Deere-Mower-Drive-Belt-39-47-Mowers-110-and-112_W0QQitemZ140195836726QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20a452b336&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

http://cgi.ebay.com/John-Deere-Mower-Drive-Belt-46-47-Mower-112-212-214_W0QQitemZ140195805954QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20a4523b02&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

THE TYPE IS T0011 SERIAL IS 306775M CAN U TELL ME IF I DEFINETLY HAVE THE WRONG BELT I CANT FIGURE IT OUT.

Expert:  J.R. replied 8 years ago.
The belt you need should be the one shown in the second link. Your serial number is XXXXX and this belt fits serial numbers 259000 and up.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

IS THAT DIFFRENT FROM MY BELT THE CARTON THAT CAME ON THE BELT SAYS M47043 AND 20090415DY2 AND 4164 FROM A JOHN DEERE DEELER.

Expert:  J.R. replied 8 years ago.
The belt for your tractor should be M47765. The M47043 belt is 79.3" and this belt is 84"