Rick
Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

I have a 1981 6 hp Troy-Built Horse Tecumseh-Lauson engine

I have a 1981 6 hp Troy-Built Horse Tecumseh-Lauson engine that needs all the ignition components under the flywheel including the spark plug wire replaced. I can't find an engine serial #. Are eplacement parts available? Suggestions?
Thanks much,
Dave Borchers, Tilton, NH
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 8 years ago.
You probably have an HH60 family engine. Parts for an engine that old will be difficult to find, but sometimes we get lucky. Stamped into the metal of the engine shroud covering the cylinder are three numbers: Model, spec, and code. Can you check for those please?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

You have been very helpful so far - I found

HH60-105101F Ser # XXXXX Thanks

Expert:  Rick replied 8 years ago.

Hi Dave,

Always glad to help. I hope these answers are beneficial to you. The parts you'll probably need are:

Points: 30547A (available)

Condensor: 30548B (available)

Ignition Coil: 30560A (available, includes plug wire)

You can get these from your local Tecumseh Dealer or also order them online from several sources. PartsTree has a good reputation and is my recommendation for online ordering.

The following links will take you to the parts you need. The first one is for the ignition parts you requested. The second is for all engine parts just in case you need something else.

PartsTree.com 610689A Magneto

PartsTree.com HH60-105101F

I hope this information is helpful!

Best wishes,

Rick