James W
James W, Small Engine Troubleshooting Expert
Experience:  7 years as Mechanic & Parts Manager for Brother who has Owned Lawn & Garden Repair shop for 35 years
18589515

I have a Sears Craftsman Eager-1 lawn mower (917.37290). I

I have a Sears Craftsman Eager-1 lawn mower (917.37290). I need a new carburetor (632795A, I think) and the linkage on top of it (my other one broke). Also, I do have a picture of the linkage, or how it is supposed to connect to the carburetor. Otherwise, I'll have to take it to Sears. Alternatively, I'll just have to buy a new lawn mower, but it might be cheaper to fix this one, if it's possible. Thanks for any help.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  James W replied 8 years ago.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Could you check the model number once more again for me..

It seems to have 1 too few digits..

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Yes, I "fat-fingered" the number. It's supposed to beNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Expert:  James W replied 8 years ago.

Carburetor can be found here..

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/showPart.pd?partNumber=632795A&productGroupId=0071&supplierId=143&pathTaken=partSearch&filterPart=&pop=flush

Thanks for the correction.. This is the mower number.. the engine will have a different number. It is either on the front of the shroud above the headbolts, or on a tiny metal tab on the breather assembly (valve cover screw).

But without the correct ENGINE model number, I can not make 100% sure it is the right one..

Linkage if still available should also be able to be found there..

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Engine-No isNNN-NN-NNNN

The carburetor is the correct one, I think (I got that from Sears), but I also need a picture of the linkage that sits on top of it, which contains the "turtle" and "rabbit" illustrations for speed adjustment (the "throttle" adjuster). Thanks.

Expert:  James W replied 8 years ago.

The model number of the tecumseh engine is

TVS120-63930M That is tecuseh's OEM number.

Click here to download

http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf

Go to chapter 4. (page 26 to start)

You will be able to see detailed linkage diagrams and instructions..

Then parts breakdown diagrams and part numbers here

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=143.966010&pop=flush

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

James,

Thank you very much for your help. With the Sears diagram, I was lost, but with the Tecumseh diagram, I think I'll be able to connect a new carburetor (and its clumsy linkage). Thank you again for responding so quickly and pointing me in the right direction.