How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gil Your Own Question
Gil, Small Engine Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 37
Experience:  Master Service Technician for Kohler Motors. Certified Marine and Outdoor Power Equipment Technician
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Gil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hey guys I have a Snapper Weed Eater Model S31SST, need to

This answer was rated:

Hey guys I have a Snapper Weed Eater Model S31SST, need to know how to put new gas lines on this machine, it came to me with the gas lines removed, and since the primer bulb is seperate from the carburator I need to know the extra routing for the lines. Thanks
Hi Rockbuster,

The routing for the fuel lines should go as follows....

From the gas tank to the body of the carburetor (fuel filter on gas tank end inside the tank). From the side plate of the carburetor to the primer and from the primer back to the tank.

On the underside of the primer (you may have to detach it from the machine to see this) should be printed in the plastic, in very very small letters, "in". This is the side of the primer that receive the fuel line from the carburetor.

Hope this answer helps. Good luck with your repair.
Gil and 2 other Small Engine Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
man i appreciate the info, this one threw me for a loop, being always used to the primer bulb being on the carburetor. thanks
Glad to help. Thanks for accepting.