Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I need the ignition coil for my McCulloch Eager Beaver Super-SL

String Trimmer. I believe the...
I need the ignition coil for my McCulloch Eager Beaver Super-SL String Trimmer. I believe the part number for the coil is 219848. Do you know where I might find one ?
6/1/2009
CJBennett
CJBennett, Small Engine Technician

Those coils are few and far in between. They stopped making them over 15 years ago. Your best bet is to find another unit you take one off of( like ebay ), or modify a newer one to fit.

CJ

Sorry, I am not totally satisfied. I had hoped for a more definitive answer.
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
If you can contact Just answer and get permission for me to give you my personal information. I probably have a part that will repair you machine. I will have to have more information to make sure, but I have a great deal of McCulloch parts for the old obsolete saw. Rules of the site prohibit me from giving this contact information. I am Located in Greenfield Indiana
Your answer talks about a "saw", presumably a chain saw which I'm sure McCulloch made in the past, but my problem is with their "string trimmer". It's possible that the ignition coil I am in search of may be common to both products, I don't know. The part number of the coil I need is imprinted right on the coil.
I'm not quite sure how to contact"Just Answer", but I will try if there's a chance you have the part.
Ok, I missed the string trimmer part, The coils are not the same, but my answer remains the same. Although most of the time when you are talking about string McCulloch trimmers, we usually recommend that you just buy a new one. Repairing them usually is more money than most customers are willing to spend. If you have the part number of the coil, I can check to see if I hane one in stock. Also there is a possiblility that we mignt have a used trimmer that has the same engine as your that might have a good coil on it. Lt me know..
The number imprinted on the coil is 219848 and the McCulloch trimmer is a Eager Beaver Super-SL

The company that is handleing parts for this now is MTD. Any MTD dealer can order this part. The new part number for the Ignition coil is: 725-04320

Prices can vary according to the dealer from $ 53.00 to $ 63.00 plus freight depending on their mark-up.

The Distributor for MTD is Oscar Wilson. They have 9 of these in stock. (I checked thir inventory.

WWW.oscar-wilson.com is their website. You will have to use the dealer locater to find someone to sell it to you. I am located in Greenfield, Indiana 46140

Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Thanks Ranwell1. Now that is an answer that I can "take to the bank", as they say.
I do a lot of repair work around the house and for my kids and grandkids as well. Hopefully we'll do business again.
[email protected]
Too bad they won't let us exchange websites info. It comes across as [email protected]
This inquiry was resolved and paid for back in June 2009. Why does it show up in my account status as "waiting for me" ???

IT will always show the waiting for me...because I was the last one to respond to this post. Just leave it alone. I alsway respond last on purpose do I don't get a tremendous number of messages in my inbox telling me I need to respond to a question. This is because this site allows you to continue a conversation even after the payment is made.

For future reference, you can close a question anytime by clicking on the "Close Question" link at the top right portion of the original question.

Usually they will ask you why you want to close the question. Just type in....Satisfied answer.... and this will end it.

Ranwell1
Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician