How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joe Mechanic Your Own Question
Joe Mechanic
Joe Mechanic, Small Engine Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 319
Experience:  2 yrs Power Mechanics.. been rebuildind small engines and repair for alot of years
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Joe Mechanic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Troy-Bilt pressure washer, model * 020292, and the

Customer Question

I have a Troy-Bilt pressure washer, model * 020292, and the water outlet sprung a leak. Can I buy just the lower plate on the pump to replace it? Also, what weight oil is used in the pump?
H. Wesley Burnham [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe Mechanic replied 8 years ago.

Hello, and welvome to JA,


Use 30w non detergent oil in the pump.. i recommend buying at a small engine shop as they sell high quality oil.. as far as the water outlet.. This is replaceable at any dealer as well..before replacing tryplacing a new rubber grommet inside to see if that repairs the problem