Ask The Small Engine Doctor Your Own Ques...
The Small Engine Doctor
The Small Engine Doctor, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing & rebuiding 2&4 cycle engines, All brands and configurations
10279143

The Honda Black Max walk behind self propelled lawn

Customer Question

The Honda Black Max walk behind self propelled lawn mower I have is 3 months old but it is hard to keep in a straight line when in use on any wheel height. Do you have a suggestion how this can be corrected?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  The Small Engine Doctor replied 9 years ago.
Hi Terry, This is Dave, The Small Engine Doctor. Would you be so kind as to supply me with the model number. Honda uses many different drive systems and if I have the number, I'll be able to look at the drawing and solve the mistery of "the wandering mower". Sincerely, Dave
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to The Small Engine Doctor's Post: Dave,

It is model #961440002.
Hi Terry, I was looking for something like HRX215 of HRM215, something that starts with HR
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

That is the only model # XXXXX see but it does say black max POWERED by honda.
Terry, is it possible that it is another brand that just has a Honda engine? Where did you buy it?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Dave,

I got it at Sams Club, it is a black max. It is probably an after market mower with a honda engine
Yea Terry, sounds like your right. But SO WHAT ! Do you think that going to stop me? I'll just have to get out my X-Large stethoscope !! After dinner, I'll do some "sniffing around" and I'll come up with something. I'll speak to you a little later, OK?