Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a singer sewing machine. It stop working, I don't…

Customer Question
I have a singer...

I have a singer sewing machine. It stop working

Contractor's Assistant: What's the sewing machine's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I don't know it's not right in front of me. I bought more than 3 years ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. I was sewing a dress for my daughter. It was a long gown and about 15 minutes it started to slow down and the stop. Every time I press the presser foot other machine would make a noise and would not move

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The turning know on the side of the machine won't turn

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
4/2/2018
Small Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I would like to continue
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your sewing machine question.

(I regret your having to wait this long.)

It sounds as if your machine has, regrettably, 'locked up' in its mechanical workings. That is a hazard with sewing machines, that when encountered, should be treated this way:

A. stop using it at once! the motor might burn out, or other damage occur, otherwise.

B. unplug it at once.

C. apply scheduled lubrication according to the instructions in your manual (for oiling and/or greasing the machine.)

D. let that soak in, not using the machine, for at least overnight!

E. hopefully, that will loosen up the hand wheel or turning knob. If it does not, then you will need to have the machine service-repaired, I regret to have to say.

(If it is a Singer machine, that can be done under warranty, for free, at a Singer facility. Let me know your zip code or town/city and state, if it comes to this, so that I may recommend facilities for repair to you that are in your region, Singer or not.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

What kind of oil. My zip code is 07050

The proper oil to use is sewing machine oil... do you have none? If not, do you have other types at hand, perhaps, if so, what kind (not vegetable oil, nor animal oil, nor automotive oil, will do, I think, offhand.)

The oil that came with the sewing machine leaked out the compartment. Where do I pour the oil. At the top (Where you spin the bobbin on for thread ) or open the bottom and squeeze some into the machine

Please tell me what model your Singer machine is.

Model 1507

I regret to have to say that the machine will have to be serviced - applying lubrication as I described it applies to older models mainly. This model has no lubrication point except the sewing hook as described on this page:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/364407/Singer-1507.html?page=41#manual

The nearest Singer Authorized Service Center is fortunately not far from your location:

ALL COUNTY SEW & VAC (2297)*****br />UNION, NJ 07083
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####br />Email: *****@******.***
URL: Visit Website
Services all models
Services presses
Does electronic work
Does mechanical work

is what the listings say about it.