Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

When I push the pedal i get E1 error message. 2 years old. I…

Customer Question
When I push the...

When I push the pedal i get E1 error message.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

2 years old. I don't think so. I only use it occasionally

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Project runway lim. Edition machine

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
3/31/2018
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Brother sewing machine question.

That usually means, the sewing operation was activated (with foot pedal, or by the START/STOP button) while the presser foot was raised (or, in a defective machine, while the presser foot was sensed - incorrectly - as raised) at the time.

Lower the presser foot, try again.

If the presser foot definitely was down, try powering the machine Off for 10 or 20 minutes or longer, then turn it On, make sure all is well, presser foot is down, no thread tangled in the bobbin area, and try again.

After which, if it persists in E1 error-ing, you will need to have the machine serviced, unfortunately. The E1 error is usually somewhat general, but in this case and if it reaches this point, general or specific error notwithstanding, the machine has a defect. Doubtfully blowing or brushing out the area around the needle, the foot, the bobbin area and the cover plate, might sure it, but though it can be tried one, esp. if lint and thread-bits are abundant there, it probably will come to having the machine service-repaired.

(If you need the locations of nearby Brother authorized or other sewing machine repairers, please Reply with your local zip code, and I will provide those listings and contact information.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.