Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Why is the hand wheel stiff and slow? do I need lubrication?

Customer Question
Why is the hand...

Why is the hand wheel stiff and slow ? do I need lubrication ? where do I lubricate ?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just happened

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model 2259

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
3/31/2018
Small Appliance Technician: Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your machine question.

If your machine is a Singer Tradition model 2259 sewing machine, the handwheel becoming difficult to move often means that the mechanical workings of the machine are beginning to lock up. Do not run the machine until it feels 'looser' - the motor will burn out, with the stress, otherwise, if you try to force the machine to work when it is beginning to lock up.

Yes, lubrication, as recommended in the manual, is definitely recommended. Let the lubrication soak into the machine's works for overnight without using the machine otherwise then to turn the handwheel just a little after lubrication is done... see if it loosens up that way.

After which, if it does not improve, a trip to a Singer authorized service center, or sewing machine repair shop, would be advisable, and worth it, before major components wear out or burn out.

(If you need nearby location information, please Reply telling me your local postal code or town/city and province.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.