Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I have a Dyson vacuum and I was vacuuming and a corner of an…

Customer Question
I have a Dyson...

I have a Dyson vacuum and I was vacuuming and a corner of an area rug got sucked up in the vacuum. I pulled it out and now the roller won't spin. Is there a reset button?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It is the Dyson ball multi surface vacuum cleaner and no this has not happened before.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I would like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No but is there a reset button? Before owning Dyson, I always had an Electrolux and when this happened there was reset button that would reactivate the roller.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
3/23/2018
Small Appliance Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 3 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your inquiry today… my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible and instill your confidence in us with a 5 star rating…..….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask and that you can provide…. I do need this for a more complete picture in trying to resolving your issue ..…… uploading pictures will help so I may request them….…I ask for your patience and together I am confident we can get this done…….you will be getting an automated phone message request, you can accept if it is more comfortable for you or disregard it for now…….. I am going to review what you have given me so far........this is an initial assessment:

----thr roller could very well be jammed up from fibers from the carpet you need to check that out first .......do you have your manual on how to get to it?

Thanks

eddie

Please keep in mind I have nothing to do with billing ……….customer service would accommodate you on that…….I can only receive any kind of monetary credit from an acceptance of my answer by you with a positive rating