Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

My brother sewing machine suddenly started to run very

slowely and I cant get...
My brother sewing machine suddenly started to run very slowely and I cant get it to speed up
3/20/2018
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your sewing machine question.

I have one recommendation for the problem, after asking several questions (that, if you answer them by Reply To Expert, might help me make further suggestions that could help with the problem also):

- How old is your machine?

- what model is it, please?

- what is your local zip code (in case I must recommend that it be taken to a service shop, so that I can list service shops in your local region) ?

I recommend first of all, that you apply lubrication to the machine, as recommended in the manual. And that after this is applied, you let the machine sit for some time, unused ... at least several hours, if not overnight.

That may loosen up the works, and hopefully help with the slow speed. (Do not run it for long at a no-better-than-slow speed - if the mechanism really does have resistance, the motor could burn out its windings and need replacing, if run for too long.)

In answer to your questions I bought this machine about 4 years ago, it is a Brother and the serial numbers is SQ9185 I am a quilter so I use the machine every day. Thank you for your help and I would prefer to remain under your supervision. Thanks again June A White

OK... Good, thank you for responding.

Hey Russell, I’m good I fixed it —- I re-adjusted all the settings and changed the needle size and it worked !!! It runs like a rocket now!!

Excellent! I'm glad to hear that it works again.

If you're done with the case and don't need to know anything more, please rate my answer, using the five-star rating interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page. (Cited below for your reference.) A five-star rating would be appreciated! thank you, ***** ***** a good evening!

https://www.justanswer.com/small-appliance/b3r1h-brother-sewing-machine-suddenly-started-run.html