Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

I'm having a problem with bottom stitches. They are loose. I…

I'm having a problem...

I'm having a problem with bottom stitches. They are loose. I have changed the needle,cleaned the bobbin

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days, my machine is an older model 1130

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/19/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I still need help
Russell H., Electronics and Mechanical Repairman

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your sewing machine question.

When bottom stitches (or, the bobbin thread) is loose or looping, then you need to adjust tension properly, and to make sure the upper thread or needle thread is threaded properly.

Re-thread the upper thread or needle thread, according to diagrams in your manual. Do this with the presser foot in the raised position, please, or it will not come out correctly.

Also... if that does not correct the problem, and if you are not using an unusual type of thread this time... you may need to set the upper thread tension a touch higher, by one step, then try a bit of sewing, and see whether the loops on the bottom side of your work are smaller, at least.

Let me know how it goes, please. I will help and advise further as needed.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Thank you ! Your advice worked great ! Russell I give you a 10 out of 10 points !

I'm glad to hear that my advice worked! Thank you for letting me know, and thanks for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com. (If you could, please register a rating using the five-star rating system at the top of this JustAnswer page for your question: https://www.justanswer.com/small-appliance/b3mw0-i-m-having-problem-bottom-stitches-loose.html - Thank you again!)

I give Russell a 5+++

Thank you! Please have a great day.