Small Appliance

Small Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician ASAP

Cord has retracted and will not come back out. Half an hour.

Customer Question
Cord has retracted and...

Cord has retracted and will not come back out

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Half an hour

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Appliance
3/17/2018
Small Appliance Technician: woody463, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
woody463
woody463, Home Appliance Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

and what type of an appliance is this ?

Model s8590
Miele vacuum cleaner Type HS15

What type of an appliance is this I find nothing on that number?

Is this a portable washer or dishwasher?

no, it is a vacuum cleaner
Small Appliance Technician: smitty1486,
 replied 3 months ago
smitty1486

Sorry to hear you are having VACUUM trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The cord reel will likely need to be replaced. The service manual is attached for that model to help you decide if you want to attempt that repair.